IC-Health aims at testing a new model of digital health literacy intervention development and application based on cocreation of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) to enhance EU citizens’ skills on how to search, understand and appraise online health information.
IC-Health specific objectives are to:
- Increase awareness among EU citizens of the opportunities of eHealth tools;
- Establish Communities of Practice on digital health literacy;
- Shape, facilitate and coordinate and organize the co-creation of overall 35 MOOCs – each one addressing one specific population cohort and being available in eight EU languages (English, French, Italian, Danish, German, Swedish, Dutch and Spanish) by at least 780 EU citizens;
- Test the MOOCs and assessing their impact on their health literacy, digital health literacy and on their health self-management;
- Advance the understanding of digital health literacy and of how it can be used to improve health outcomes.